Konus Konusmotor-130 5" f/7.7 Reflector Telescope with RA Motor Drive
The Konusmotor-130 5" f/7.7 Telescope with RA Motor Drive from Konus is an ideal intermediate scope for making observations of the Moon and planets as well as brighter deep sky objects.
The Konusmotor-130 5" f/7.7 Telescope with RA Motor Drive from Konus is an ideal intermediate scope for making observations of the Moon and planets as well as brighter deep sky objects.Key Features
- 5" / 130mm Aperture
- 1000mm Focal Length, f/7.7 Focal Ratio
- Equatorial Mount, Right Ascension Motor
- Anti-Reflection Multicoated Optics
- 1.25" Motorized Focuser
- 10mm and 17mm Plossl Eyepieces
- Two-Section Aluminum Tripod
- Red Dot Finderscope
- OTA and Tripod Carrrying Bags
- Moon Filter and Smartphone Holder
The 5" primary mirror and anti-reflection multicoated optics ensure images are bright and clear.
This German equatorial mount is a step-up from a beginner version with the addition of a Right Ascension tracking motor that counteracts the Earth's rotation and keeps your subjects centered for longer observation sessions.
Using the motor to track, instead of the more common manual cable not only ensures steady and smooth movement, but it also greatly reduces vibrations. The manual slow-motion declination cable allows for adjustments if necessary. To further reduce vibrations Konus outfits the focuser with a motor that can achieve a smooth fine focus that manual focusing often cannot.
Assembled as a complete observation platform, the scope includes an adjustable-height aluminum tripod, a red dot finderscope for faster alignment and sighting, and two eyepieces.
The 10mm eyepiece produces 100x power, and the 17mm produces 59x.
A filter is also included for users to safely make detailed observations of the Moon.
To transport and carry the OTA and tripod are two bags with zipper closures.
- 5" aperture
- f/7.7 focal ratio
- 1000mm focal length
- Anti-reflection multicoated optics
- German equatorial
- Right Ascension tracking motor, runs on one 9V battery
- Manual Declination slow motion cable
- Counterweight bar with adjustable counterweight
- Cradle ring assembly to adjust OTA position relative to mount for optimal viewing and balance
- Two-section aluminum tripod, adjustable from 26-42"
- 1.25" motorized focuser, runs on two AA batteries
- 10mm eyepiece yields 100x power
- 17mm eyepiece yields 59x power
- Red-dot finderscope
- Moon filter for safe observation of the moon
- Two soft carrying cases for the OTA and tripod/mount
- Smartphone holder to attach device to OTA
|Aperture||5.2" / 130 mm|
|Focal Length||1000 mm|
|Eyepiece Barrel Diameter||1.25"|
Adjustable: 26.4 - 42.1" / 67 - 107 cm
|Mount Type||German Equatorial with Right Ascension motor|
|Power Source||RA motor: 1 x 9v battery
Focuser motor: 2 x AA batteries
What's In The Box
- Konusmotor-130 5" f/7.7 Reflector Telescope with RA Motor
- Moon Filter
- 10mm Eyepiece
- 17mm Eyepiece
- Focuser Motor
- RA Motor
- Aluminum Tripod
- OTA Carrying Bag
- Tripod Carrying Bag
- Moon/Sky Map
- Smartphone Adapter
- 9V Battery
- 2 x AA Batteries